Typically in the last 4-5 years of blogging I’ve done a, “curriculum we are using” type entry. This year I’m perhaps a bit late but here goes;
Lexie (6th grade)-
- Language Arts-Total Language Plus study guides; The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, My Side of the Mountain, Island Of the Blue Dolphins and either Door in The wall or I may change it to a new one that’s coming out soon! Also doing All About Spelling book 3 just to help here with those “everyday” words she’s not proficient at yet.
Ariel (8th grade)-
- Language Arts-Total Language Plus study guides; The Hobbit, The High King, Animal Farm and The Giver.
- Demolishing Strongholds co-op class.
- Math-Math Tutor DVD’s, Pre-Algebra
- Worldview-Where is God? and Who Am I? by Apologia (we’re doing an intensive year with Worldview instead of our usual History intensive focus)
- Home Economics- Doing our own thing here mostly cooking and sewing and working on our “mommy in training binders.”
- Science-Christian Kids Study Physics from Bright Idea Press and Exploring the World of Physics by Tiner.
- Speech and Debate - Doing our own thing here too but focused around competing in NCFCA. I’m teaching a class at our co-op that the girls are participating in. Ariel also meets with her partner for club twice a month for the debate side. (Lexie is just doing the speech part this year.)
Now here’s the weird thing this year…no curriculum for Logan and very little for Taylor (at least for High School!) Logan graduated and is attending college and Taylor (11th grade) is enrolled in College Plus. Taylor is doing a few Total Language Plus guides to finish off his Language Arts (Scarlet Pimpernel, The High King and Animal Farm), attending the Demolishing Strongholds class at co-op and doing Algebra II with Math Tutor DVD’s but other than that he’s done for the year. Next year he’ll just have his government credit but he’ll complete most of that doing SSI (Student Statesmen Institute) over the summer.
So leave me a comment, are you doing anything we’re doing this year? Over the next few weeks I’ll try to highlight some of the choices.